Marketing Communications Program Manager (Chicago, IL / Remote)
Are you hungry for the opportunity to be a part of a high growth company? Eager to be involved in a company going with multiple years of double-digit growth (with plans for even more velocity in the coming years)? Excited about bootstrapping it up and being a part of building the foundation for a new approach to the entire customer journey? (P.S.- Bonus points if you’ve been there, done it and really want to do so again.)
As the Marketing Communications Program Manager, you are responsible for the creation of all external messaging of interviewstream. You’ll be creating all of our content marketing efforts for demand generation and sales enablement, working in our email marketing platform (Pardot), leading PR in initiatives, evolving our approach to social media, and partnering on trade show and customer advocacy content. Your job is to make sure that our external-facing brand is well-known and positively perceived in the marketplace, and that we provide relevant and effective marketing content at every stage in the customer journey.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and manage all messaging content tied to the marketing calendar
- Using best practices and our key messaging framework, create tailored content at the industry, persona and feature/benefit level
- Considering SEO in any online/demand content, ensure important keywords and phrases are included in the content created for key channels
- Inform and contribute to changes in messaging and regularly check in on metrics and SEO trends to ensure interviewstream is running a best in class content marketing program
- Own and manage the interviewstream blog, webinars, PR programs and social media platforms
- Maintain and consistent flow of blog posts, measuring success of the blogs and adjusting our approach and planned topics accordingly. Blogs will be authored by internal and external contributors and tied to key campaigns and our overall marketing calendar
- Build content for and manage webinars on industry and product topics with assistance from other SMEs (internal and external)
- Write, co-write, and provide guidance on marketing content, such as white papers, case studies, sales presentations, customer wins, contributed article content, and general messaging
- Help foundationally build the PR function, networking and building content for all PR efforts and relationships
- Drive and manage all of interviewstream primary social media channels and ensure that interviewstream is getting optimal engagement in social media across the organization
- Work with and collaborate on all email marketing, sales enablement/training efforts, PR initiatives, paid media, and other areas as needed
- Partnering with the Digital Marketing Program Manager, act an additional internal SME for our email marketing platform, analyze and consistently enhance the effectiveness of our email marketing
- Partnering with several team members, create content for all sales enablement/training and participate in training and internal messaging tied to these programs
- Contribute to content creation for paid media programs, working with the owners of each media channel
- Aid in our customer advocacy efforts, partnering with the Training & Content Program Manager in crafting messaging and case studies
- Proactively identify new content marketing channels and programs that interviewstream would benefit from testing
- Become a product expert, assist in crafting messaging on the product roadmap and keep the marketing team up to date on the most recent enhancements to our platform and products
- Keep on top of key industry trends and opportunistically identify opportunities to adjust content marketing programs
This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
The job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Work Hours
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00am-4:00pm and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Minimal to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Business, Journalism, or related fields
- 2 years of experience in content marketing
- 1 year of experience working in marketing automation systems or CMS
- Experience in building or managing customer advocacy programs
- Experience running webinar or podcast programs
- Experience working in a PR function as a portion of your marketing role
- Ability to communicate clearly and consistently in person and through your writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong aptitude for learning and developing new skills
- Deep initiative (you’re a self-starter) and drive to create quality work
- Deep organizational skills and accountability
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
interviewstream, provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
Email your resume to Monique Mahler at email@example.com.