Staff Accountant (Chicago, IL)
The Staff Accountant will ensure complete and systematic accounting records of receipts and disbursements in the organization by performing complex clerical and bookkeeping tasks and applying accepted procedures in preparing and maintaining accounting records. In addition, perform routine clerical, filing and data entry tasks for accounting data including accounts payable, billing and receivables.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post daily deposits.
- Process incoming mail concerning billing and invoicing.
- Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions.
- Engage management over any AR problems you encounter.
- Initiate collections on past-due accounts.
- Handle all special billing situations.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Makes adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Work with the Client Service Team regarding any client related invoicing issues and fielding any client related questions to their assigned Client Service Manager.
- Review and approve invoices.
- Review and approve collection emails.
- Responsible for daily check deposits.
- Main contact for payment inquiries, invoicing and requests.
- * Submit and approve invoices to 3rd party accounting team to process payments.
- Bachelor’s Degreein Finance or Accounting.
- 1+ years’ experience in Accounting.
- Advanced mathematical and logical deduction skills.
- Experience with customer service and client communication.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with accounting software programs.