VP Sales/CRO (Remote | HQ- Chicago)
interviewstream is looking for a top performing sales leader with a proven track record of SaaS selling to enterprise and mid-market organizations. We are the industry’s leading interviewing technology – powering a superior interviewing experience that helps companies differentiate themselves and drive outstanding talent acquisition results.
The VP, Sales/CRO will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for leading and managing the team of 4 current Account Executive team (“hunters”), building out the team further (there is an open 5th role on the team for 2022 hire already) and leading, motivating and directing the team through effective business plans, goal and target setting, strong mentorship and coaching.
The VP, Sales/CRO will also be a critical member of the interviewstream Leadership team, playing an active role in the strategic planning process for the organization. Pending experience/background, they will either directly manage or indirectly manage the marketing organization, in addition to sales, and will be a key decision maker in strategic areas impacting the organization including, but not limited to areas such as the product roadmap, budgeting process, messaging/positioning, etc.
We are looking for the right fit for our organization to help us reach the next peak of growth- if this sounds like you- reach out today!
- Manage, direct and develop the Account Executive (“hunters”) team
- Construct, negotiate and close key relationships critical to the attainment of strategic objectives supporting business revenue goals
- Identify, hire and develop key talent to grow the Account Executive team
- Develop and execute sales performance standards and defined metrics
- Provide effective training and feedback to team members as it relates to client relationships, product knowledge, sales skills, and performance
- Report and analyze metrics used to manage the day-to-day operations including sales forecasting, dashboard, pipelines
- Manage the opportunity pipeline and communicate revenue forecasts on a weekly basis
- Achieve and exceed assigned financial objectives
- Oversee new business contract negotiation and approval process
- Define target accounts, strategy, and execution of account planning to ensure successful attainment and penetration of key prospective accounts
- Remove any operational/organizational barriers that may impede the success of the team
- Works with departments across functional areas and business units to identify best practices
Required Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or equivalent is preferred but not required
- 8+ years of sales experience, including least 5 years in sales leadership. Experience in SAAS sales is highly preferred
- Motivational management style. Strong leadership and management skills and the ability to work effectively in a professional and team-oriented culture
- Effective decision-making skills and leadership courage
- Prior experience and success building over-achieving sales teams
- Consultative selling experience is required, along with excellent communication, negotiating and closing skills
- Proven and successful sales leadership success including establishing sales plans, strategies and metrics
- Excellent leadership qualities in building a cohesive and collaborative team
- Executive presence
- Solid business acumen, communication & presentation skills
- Adept strategic thinking, business judgment, positioning/marketing savvy, and technical depth
- Ability to set aggressive sales goals and assign clear authority and accountability for achieving them
- Willing to travel as needed and actively mentor and support the AEs in their roles
Email your resume to Monique Mahler at: firstname.lastname@example.org